Friday, November 22, 2013

Wring your mans neck with toothpaste


Ugh... not for dirty collars




Lets say your have a favorite work shirt and there are stains around the collar. Sure if you have long hair and wear your hair down no one will notice those yellow stains sitting on the inside of your shirt. Well your husband or son don't have long hair but they have that favorite dress shirt with the dreaded stain inside that collar. All that stain is, is natural oils and sweat, that your body produces all day long. Don't give up on your shirt just yet if all you have done is thrown it in the washing machine.They say toothpaste can remove those pesky stains. Lets find out.







I used :
toothpaste
toothbrush
5-10 minutes of your time

Dirty Collar









Here is the entire dirty collar







Started off with a pea size of toothpaste.




First, test a small area on the stain to make sure you don't ruin the entire shirt.






So I start scrubbing in circular motion with the toothbrush and noticed the stain appearing darker. I used more toothpaste and kept scrubbing, thinking to myself this isn't going to work.





On the left side of the collar is clean.



I decided to clean the entire collar so you can see before and after.





The entire collar is clean. After I rinsed the shirt with water and threw it in the dryer to see quick results I was amazed that the stains disappeared. It's a shame I threw out some "oldie but goodie" shirts before I ever knew about this trick. So if I haven't convinced you from my previous cleaning projects, I hope you try this one out, especially on men's dress shirts.

































No comments:

Post a Comment