Sunday, November 17, 2013

Squeegee Clean!



My  sky-rise apartment is located on the 18th floor with a beautiful downtown view of the San Antonio skyline. I am also located next to a high school where there are nice views during a  football game or a high school marching band practicing on the parking lot. Often I have my sliding door open to enjoy the cool breeze and fresh air into the apartment. Now that the season is changing and the days are getting colder I have no choice but to close my sliding door window and view the skyline through dirty windows. 





I decided to give vinegar another shot for a different use. It might hurt economically more to use a bottle of expensive solution so the new scoop online is that vinegar will clean windows just as well as store bought cleaning solutions.

For this cleaning experience I chose to use:
vinegar
bucket
spray bottle
squeegee
15 minutes for sliding door windows
I began to spray vinegar on the dirty windows.



Then I became impatient using my little bottle so I decided grab my bucket. Luckily I already owned a squeegee.I added a cup of vinegar and some warm water, enough to soak the sponge of the squeegee. I used the sponge to glide it across the window and scrape off the dirt.





I left it half clean/half dirty.
I feel with a couple more run-thruoughs the window will improve.

The final analysis shows that vinegar is a cheap way to clean outside windows that are often dirty due to rain and wind. I hardly put any effort into the use of the squeegee. My only complaint is that the window did look a little streaky but it was way better than before. Maybe if I  continue to maintain the cleaning of these sliding door windows more often it will gradually improve and possibly take less than 15 minutes.
My view everyday
(outside sliding door)


San Antonio skyline
(outside sliding door)


No comments:

Post a Comment