Sunday, November 10, 2013

Coca Cola cleans toilets!?

So what happens when you run out of your favorite cleaning products and you don't have time to go to the store? What if all you have is a can of Coke or Diet Coca Cola? Will it clean your toilet bowel? The word around town says that the acids in Coca Cola will eat away at the limescale and calcium. Well, leave it to me to find out if this classic beverage is a "natural" for house cleaning.





For today's adventure all I needed was Coke. So I invested in a generic brand.

I began to pour the coke and splashed it around the trouble spots. If anything, it only enhanced the stains as a reminder that my toilet needed to be cleaned. 


There were no instant changes that made stains disappear or calcium rings vanish away. I decided to brush the hard areas and still saw no change.

So I decided to let it sit for one hour. And still no change.



At the end of hour that was wasted, I decided this experiment was a dud, at least it was on my time and not yours. This idea does not work so don't bother trying it. It was just strange to work with cola in my very own restroom knowing that I sometimes drink it every now and then. Hope this information gets passed on very quickly so we can squash this idea. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment