Friday, November 22, 2013

Carpet Diem!











Well my carpet has several dirty affected areas. And for people who live in apartments who might not want to invest in carpet cleaning nor pay a fee, I have a possible solution. Some stains might not be so easy to  remove and we feel doomed that we don't  even bother to try to clean  those areas. So I decided to try some simple products to see if we can remedy stubborn stains. Lets find out how we did!







I used:
1 cup of warm water
2 cap sizes of peroxide
1/2 teaspoon of dish soap






First Vacuum your area.






I decided to focus the cleaning on these two spots so I could do a comparison on the rest of the spots.








I ran the brush in circular motion and decided to let the carpet dry.




Final Product


The carpet is better than it was before. I was fortunate to have light colored carpet to see the dirt and the difference in stains. Also I was a little scared with the peroxide but luckily the carpet was not damaged. I feel peroxide broke down the stains without causing any damage. I tried this cleaning method on berber carpet so be sure to test out a corner before applying to other types of carpet. I am pleased with this technique because I had all these home products and it stretches my dollar a little further. Maybe a little more peroxide or soap might do the trick next time.









No comments:

Post a Comment