Sunday, November 10, 2013

Splish! Splash! Clean the bath

Well my standard sized tub is in serious need of a cleaning. The chemical spray named Tilex produces wonderful results for cleaning. If you are a big fan of those tough chemicals you know that when you spray down the bathroom tub you have to walk away from the fumes for at least a minute.I love the smell of Ajax which is a  powdered cleansing chemical. Ajax can also be tough on the senses and harsh on the hands. So this time I decided to go green and try something else.







For this project the items you will need are:
baking soda
vinegar
spray bottle
sponge
scrub brush
15-20 minutes




This is the before picture


Step 1: Spray the vinegar on to the tub.



Step 2: Sprinkle the baking soda onto the surface of the tub. 

At this point you can smell the vinegar and hear  the sizzle from the baking soda.

Step 3: Just start scrubbing away! 

Tada!


During this adventurous cleaning, I enjoyed the smell of vinegar. It definitely was not as over powering as the other harsh chemicals. I did not have to walk away during the cleaning process due to the fumes. As I sprinkled the powder around the tub I heard the sizzles of the chemical reaction working hard eating away at the grime. I purposely scrubbed half of the tub and saw that baking soda and vinegar worked just as well as store bought cleaning products. Not only did it do a great job I also noticed that vinegar and baking soda were gentle on the sponge as they were on my hands. The sponge was still intact and my hands didn't feel dry. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment